Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to Basics

Hello Everyone!

Again, I apologize for the hiatus in blog posts. As my last post concluded, my summer in Chicago was a whirlwind. I wouldn't have traded it for anything and I definitely took home a lot of helpful advice that will help facilitate my future.

So, with that said...I'm back in Appalachia. Thus, the title "Back to Basics." In Southern Ohio, times are a bit tough, just like the entire country. However, even with this economic depression, one thing remained the same: girl's just want to have fun.

And while I am addressing the Cyndi Lauper song, I think this mentality translates into fashion. I believe that more and more, people are looking for an escape. Whether it's the hustle and bustle, the always present sound of sirens in the city (a la Chicago) or the quiet, sleepy streets of a college town, at times everyone wants to just, well, get away.

But, like I said, I feel that people are now embracing reality and truly getting back to enjoying life. And even more so, living life.

While there has been a shift in focus for the fashion industry, people will always love style. We at Urban Style Emporium love the change of seasons and the prospect of promise and fresh beginnings.

This fall we are carrying a variety of lines that capture this very life aesthetic. We not only are excited to have these new fall lines from Ivan Grundahl, Elm, Skif and Studio Rundholz, but we are thrilled to share them with you!

Here are a few photographs from designers we are carrying this fall:

From Ivan Grundahl's Fall 2010 Line
(As you can tell, we love Ivan)


Photographs from Studio Rundholz
(Doesn't this last picture just epitomize tranquility?)





Keep looking on our Twitter and Facebook for daily updates and our annual trunk shows! Skif will be featured in the next week, don't miss it!

From all of us at Urban Style Emporium, "Keep Calm and Carry On."


No comments:

Post a Comment