Sunday, July 25, 2010

All That Glitters...

So, it's been a bit rainy here in Chicago the past few days, hasn't it?

Well, during my battle to defeat gloom, I checked my daily fashion blogs to see what's in, what's fun and what my favorite bloggers are wearing.

Now, I have a variety of blogs that I love to check daily (Urban Style should be yours!), but one of my favorites is a blog called FashionToast. Starting her blog in 2007, Rumi Neely has many fashion followers like myself who love to see her twist style, breaking the rules of typical style.

With that said, I was surprised to see one post of Neely's focusing on Dannijo, a jewelry brand we sell at Urban Style! Exciting, to say the least. Dannijo is a brand by two sisters headquarted in the Meat Packing District in New York City. The brand specializes in intricately twisted, chained necklaces that add a bit of modernity and freshness to any look.

Celebrities such as Beyonce Knowles, Gayle King, Alecia Keys and Mary Louise Parker all have been spotted in Dannijo pieces ranging from necklaces, rings and cuffs.

In fact, Terri (Urban Style's owner and my lovely boss) allowed me to borrow a Dannijo necklace for an event I was attending with the Chicago Fashion Foundation. Having the theme "Little Black Dress" I was stumped how to add a bit of flavor to my classic black dress. Being the Chicago novice that I am, I asked for directions several times. Each time, the person so generously assisting me commented on the necklace and how fantastic it was. This gave me added confidence and the compliments didn't stop on the street!

When I arrived at the event, the women who served on the board of the Chicago Fashion Foundation said my necklace was great and asked who the designer was and where did I get that piece of glorious jewelry.

Needless to say, I felt amazing and the necklace really transformed and completed my look. Here's my roommate Alyssa Scheid and I posing for a photograph in the Dannijo necklace.





All in all, it was a fantastic evening and I am so happy that I not only had the opportunity to experience Chicago fashion, but wear it as well!


From all of us at Urban Style Emporium, have a great week and stay stylish!


No comments:

Post a Comment